Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Reflected Clarity

Picture info: Coolpix 4500, 7.8mm, 1/300 s, f/7.5

Thanks for the comments on the previous post and aplogies for the very infrequent posting!
This picture was taken in the same lake as the previous post (the past...). Manzanita Lake in Lassen Volcanic National Park. I was very happy to find this shot...a much better version of my previous Reflections.

And regarding the previous post, as Timmybomb pointed out, the contrast might be dull. That was intentional...I wanted to show the foreground (the present...) as dark and dead as possible and the background (the past with the alive and healthy trees) in a relatively bright light. That was the effect I was trying to bring out...

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave MacIntyre said...

This is an image of pure paradise. Lakes, pines, mountains, fresh air...WOW!!!!

Amazing Pya!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Karthik Nagaraj said...

Hey Pya,
Nice pics. Q - How do you get your pictures to show up so big? The best I can get a very small version of the original - only if I click on the picture I get it big. I'm wondering how you can get it so big on your blog. Care to answer? :)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Absolutely stunning Pya. I love the colours and the symmetry. One of my favorite things in this photograph is the small circular ripple in the bottom right corner.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Vikas said...

Great shot Pya! Love the reflection!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely reflections, well done!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free webpage hit counter